суббота, 4 февраля 2012 г.

Crime and Punishment

A crime is a serious offence such as murder or robbery. A punishment is a penalty imposed on somebody who is convicted of a crime. A punishment could be, for example, time in prison or a fine.
There is an important difference between criminal law and civil law. Criminal law deals with matters such as murder. Civil law deals with matters such as contracts or divorce. The police are not normally involved in civil law.
Questions from law breakers or suspected criminals
Why did you pull me over?
Have I done something wrong?
Is this illegal?
What are my rights?
Can I call a lawyer?
Where are you taking me?
Can I make a phone call?
Questions police may ask a suspected criminal
Are you carrying any illegal drugs?
Do you have a weapon?
Does this belong to you?
Whose car is this?
Where were you at eight last night?

Informing someone of laws and police procedures
You are under arrest.
Put your hands on your head.
I am taking you to the police station.
Please get in the police car.
You will have to pay a fine for this.
I will give you a warning this time.
I'm going to write you a ticket.
We'll tow your car to the station.
Smoking in restaurants is illegal in this country.
It is against the law to do drugs in public.

Types of crime
http://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/police-crime.htm






Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий